verb (past participle oversewn or oversewed)[with object]
- Sew (the edges of something) with every stitch passing over the join: oversew the two long edges togetherMore example sentences
- The patient's chest was opened within five minutes, multiple units of blood were transfused, the hole was oversewn and the patient's blood pressure was stabilized.
- This lesion was oversewn with a felt-buttoned 4-0 Prolene suture, leading to complete termination of bleeding.
- However, it is possible that it may occur simply as a result of oversewing a bowel segment at the time of anastomosis.
More definitions of oversewDefinition of oversew in:
- The US English dictionary