verb[with object] (often as adjective overstretched)
- 1Stretch too much: the aches and pains of overstretched musclesMore example sentences
- Be sure to maintain the stretched position for at least 20 seconds, and do not overstretch the muscles.
- In a minor sprain, where the ligaments are merely overstretched, there may be local pain and minor swelling, but no difficulty in moving the joint.
- Acute, or sudden, injuries can be the product of either a blunt trauma or overstretching a muscle, joint or tendon.
- 2Make excessive demands on: classes are very large and facilities are overstretchedMore example sentences
- Cats from their own county already overstretch both these facilities.
- Facilities that were already underfunded and overstretched are now at breaking point.
- The dilapidated facilities and overstretched editorial staff prove how illusory this prediction was.
More definitions of overstretchDefinition of overstretch in:
- The US English dictionary