- 1 /ˈəʊvəstrʌŋ/ (Of a piano) having strings in sets crossing each other obliquely.More example sentences
- In a detailed note he explains that because it is not overstrung, the different registers have their own character.
- An overstrung piano has the bass strings running diagonally across the piano, crossing over the treble strings.
- 2 /əʊvəˈstrʌŋ/ • dated (Of a person) extremely nervous or tense: at two in the morning the overstrung youth finally ran out of questionsMore example sentences
- She's overstrung to-day. If it were you, you'd be in hysterics.
- Her aunt on one side of her, and Mr. Stephens on the other, did all they could to soothe her, and at last the weary, overstrung girl relapsed into something between a sleep and a faint.
More definitions of overstrungDefinition of overstrung in:
- The US English dictionary