verb (overstudies, overstudying, overstudied)
- Study excessively.More example sentences
- If your child is a high achiever but overstudies so as not to receive less than an A+, help him or her gradually study a little less to show that it has only a little effect on grades.
- I worked for several employers who considered a 6 as ‘perfect,’ 10 as ‘overstudying.’
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- Excessive study.More example sentences
- Two cases of impaired intellect by overstudy were brought to public notice in this city yesterday.
- That's why he should simply understand what it means instead of confusing himself with overstudy.
More definitions of overstudyDefinition of overstudy in:
- The US English dictionary