verb[with object] (usually as adjective overstuffed)
- 1Force too much into (a container): an overstuffed briefcaseMore example sentences
- The unfortunate part of this story is that the container is too large for the meagre space that I've allotted for lip gloss in my already overstuffed purse.
- I resolve to take out the trash in a timely manner rather than continue piling things precariously on top of an already overstuffed trash bin.
- And you thought their backpacks were overstuffed.
- 2Cover (furniture) completely with upholstery: an overstuffed armchairMore example sentences
- The twin overstuffed chairs were upholstered in a deep gold brocade.
- Using high-back, overstuffed furniture in northern rooms to reduce drafts and allow one to become engulfed in the chair.
- Patients who smoke should do so in a room without flammables, such as rugs, curtains and overstuffed furniture.
More definitions of overstuffDefinition of overstuff in:
- The US English dictionary