- (Especially with reference to an athlete) train or cause to train excessively: [no object]: it’s better to undertrain than to overtrain, which leads to staleness [with object]: the team overtrained their young playersMore example sentences
- He learnt by his mistakes by forgetting last season's infatuation with the flat backline and by not overtraining his players this time.
- You might also be training too often, leading to overtraining, which is much more likely to tear down muscle tissue than to build it.
- Such injury can occur due to overtraining and excessive resistance or use of improper form in performing the exercise.
More definitions of overtrainDefinition of overtrain in:
- The US English dictionary