- A trick taken by the declarer in excess of the contract.More example sentences
- In Auction Bridge, overtricks count towards making game, so it is only necessary to bid high enough to win the contract - there is no incentive to bid all the tricks you can make.
- However, some play that the declarer receives nothing extra for overtricks and some play that the declarer who takes 9 or more tricks wins nothing at all.
- In this respect it has an affinity with the exact bidding games, especially as there is sometimes a penalty for making too many overtricks.
More definitions of overtrickDefinition of overtrick in:
- The US English dictionary