Pronunciation: /əʊvəˈjuːz /[with object]
- Use too much: young children sometimes overuse ‘and’ in their writingMore example sentences
- I want to know what checks there are in place to make sure people are not abusing or overusing those phones.
- Humanity is overusing the Earth's resources by 20 per cent and by current trends, would need two planet Earth's by 2050 to live sustainably.
- I disagree with the conclusion we're overusing the Reserves.
Pronunciation: /əʊvəˈjuːs /[mass noun] Back to top
- Excessive use: overuse of natural resourcesMore example sentences
- We have tried to reinfuse words like freedom and rights with the power they once had, but they have become too degraded by overuse.
- The authors also question whether it is the best way to address overuse of the system.
- And cellular carriers can insert fine print into their contracts to prevent network overuse.
More definitions of overuseDefinition of overuse in:
- The US English dictionary