- Too zealous in one’s attitude or behaviour: he’s been overzealous in handing out parking ticketsMore example sentences
- Nor is it a charge made possible by the Patriot Act, a simple overzealous attempt to keep America safe.
- Shoppers are driven away by overzealous parking attendants, ever increasing charges for parking, no improvement in shopping facilities.
- It's brilliant to see people reacting with this gentle, exasperated humour rather than resorting to hateful tirades and overzealous flag flying.
More definitions of overzealousDefinition of overzealous in:
- The US English dictionary