A bipedal dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period, having a toothless jaw and long forelimbs with clawed fingers.
- Genus Oviraptor, family Oviraptoridae, suborder Theropoda
More example sentences
- Some of the most well-preserved specimens of dinosaurs ever found are oviraptors.
- The find shows that a group of dinosaurs called oviraptors roamed much farther south than previously thought, they add.
- The Incisivosaurus specimen clears up where oviraptors fit into the dinosaur hierarchy, says Currie.
Definition of oviraptor in:
- The US English dictionary