Definition of ovoid in English:
1(Of a solid or a three-dimensional surface) more or less egg-shaped.
- Three flowerpots rest on an ovoid surface, perhaps a ceramic tray or table top whose legs have vanished.
- Flickers of reds, yellows and orange emerge from the depths, and the strange ovoid canvases reflect the surface while hovering over it.
- Their abdomens are variable in shape being triangular, round to ovoid to elongate, sometimes extending tail-like past the spinnerets.
nounBack to top
An ovoid body or surface.
- And the ovoids, too small to hold the molecules needed to carry out the chemical reactions of life, are just chance deposits with interesting shapes.
- Passing Bell is an eerie composition of fossil-gray verticals supporting gray, red and purple ovoids, punctuated with shocks of orange.
- The most emotionally moving and evocative rooms contain the ovoids - egg or face shaped sculptures which are quite overwhelming in their minimalist perfection.
Definition of ovoid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia