noun (plural ovotestes /-tiːz/)Zoology
- An organ producing both ova and spermatozoa, especially in some gastropod molluscs.More example sentences
- Fish were scored as intersexes when at least one of the gonads was an ovotestis or when one ovary and one testis were observed simultaneously.
- Ordinarily, these fish develop ovotestes, gonads that make both eggs and sperm.
- When not gravid, eggs lining the ovotestes are readily seen through the carapace.
More definitions of ovotestisDefinition of ovotestis in:
- The US English dictionary