Definition of owner-occupier in English:
A person who owns the house or flat in which they live.
- One owner-occupier, who lives in one of the terraces off Eastbourne Street and still has a mortgage, was due to see a council surveyor.
- A limited number of houses were built by owner-occupiers who had borrowed money from the newly formed building societies.
- Nearly 950 residents - some council tenants and some owner-occupiers - will have to be found new homes.
- Example sentences
- It can only be achieved through adequate superannuation provisions combined with an owner-occupied home in retirement.
- We also have grave concerns relating to the low percentage of residential units which we believe will be owner-occupied.
- The council consulted widely about the options for a reliable and efficient heating system with the 400 council properties and 90 owner-occupied properties, but until the announcement this week there was no money.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan