Definition of ox tongue in English:
1 [mass noun] Meat from the tongue of a cow: braised ox tongue
More example sentences
- First came the 34-year-old chutney pickle, now a tin of South American ox tongue dating back to a Leeds wedding in 1949 has been unearthed.
- The feet and trunk are of the greatest culinary interest: their flesh which is muscular and gelatinous resembles ox tongue.
- A woman said the idea of cooking up ox tongue was revolting.
2An Old World plant of the daisy family with yellow dandelion-like flowers and prickly hairs on the stem and leaves.
- Genus Picris, family Compositae
- The ox tongue is in blossom during June and July; all the florets of the flower-heads, as in the dandelion, are of a rich golden yellow.
- Bristly ox tongue is a coarse, rough annual plant that grows about 1 meter high.
Definition of ox tongue in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.