- A yellow-flowered North American plant of the daisy family.
More example sentences
- Heliopsis helianthoides, family Compositae
- I love rudbeckias of all sizes, shastas similarly, colourful chrysanthemums and coreopsis, marguerites, ox-eyes, osteospermums; the list is almost endless.
- A daisy is the day's eye, and an ox-eye is a type of chrysanthemum that looks like a daisy, although confusingly the Michaelmas daisy is an aster, because it resembles a star.
More definitions of ox-eyeDefinition of ox-eye in:
- The US English dictionary