- A Eurasian daisy which has large white flowers with yellow centres. Also called moon daisy or marguerite.
More example sentences
- Leucanthemum vulgare, family Compositae
- Suitable for the less formal border are harebell, foxglove, ox-eye daisy, toadflax, alpine, autumn and field gentians, cranesbill, forget-me-not, and viper's bugloss.
- As well as holding a huge range of grassland wild flowers, such as ox-eye daisies, poppies, campion and corn marigold, the nursery grows plants from wetland, upland and woodland habitats.
- Some liberated lawns will surprise you with a flush of lady's smock, tall meadow buttercups, ox-eye daisies and even orchids.
More definitions of ox-eye daisyDefinition of ox-eye daisy in:
- The US English dictionary