Definition of ox tongue in English:
1 [mass noun] Meat from the tongue of a cow: braised ox tongue
More example sentences
- First came the 34-year-old chutney pickle, now a tin of South American ox tongue dating back to a Leeds wedding in 1949 has been unearthed.
- The feet and trunk are of the greatest culinary interest: their flesh which is muscular and gelatinous resembles ox tongue.
- A woman said the idea of cooking up ox tongue was revolting.
2An Old World plant of the daisy family with yellow dandelion-like flowers and prickly hairs on the stem and leaves.
- Genus Picris, family Compositae
- The ox tongue is in blossom during June and July; all the florets of the flower-heads, as in the dandelion, are of a rich golden yellow.
- Bristly ox tongue is a coarse, rough annual plant that grows about 1 meter high.
Definition of ox tongue in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia