- 1A loop formed by a horseshoe bend in a river.More example sentences
- Most of the lakes of Jammu & Kashmir are remnants of ancient oxbows created by numerous rivers as they meandered within the valleys.
- Population A was located adjacent to an oxbow of the Bowie River, in Forest County, Mississippi.
- In essence, the stream follows a lower, more confined route, whilst a series of meandering high-level oxbows provide convenient bypasses.
- 2A U-shaped collar of an ox-yoke.More example sentences
- A yoke is a heavy wooden frame or oxbow used to harness a team of oxen.
- It is held on the animals' necks by an oxbow, usually U-shaped, that also transmits force from the animals' shoulders.
More definitions of oxbowDefinition of oxbow in:
- The US English dictionary