- An instrument for measuring the proportion of oxygenated haemoglobin in the blood.More example sentences
- We also used a pulse oximeter to measure oxygen saturation of the blood.
- The oximeter constantly measures the amount of oxygen in your blood.
- All patients are equipped with a pulse oximeter for monitoring of percutaneous oxygen saturation.
- More example sentences
- The patient's blood pressure, pulse oximetry, and ECG must be assessed preoperatively and monitored throughout the procedure.
- Oxygen saturation should be assessed by pulse oximetry in children with respiratory distress, significant tachypnea, or pallor.
- Patients were monitored with continuous ECG and finger pulse oximetry.
More definitions of oximeterDefinition of oximeter in:
- The US English dictionary