- Of or denoting welding or cutting techniques using a very hot flame produced by mixing acetylene and oxygen.More example sentences
- We use the heat produced by the burning of acetylene in the flame of the oxyacetylene torch to make welds.
- The oxyacetylene torch, for example, produces heat by burning acetylene gas in pure oxygen.
- The success and widespread use of this method in 20th-century sculpture has depended on the invention around 1900 of fusion welding using oxyacetylene welding equipment.
More definitions of oxyacetyleneDefinition of oxyacetylene in:
- The US English dictionary