- A sauce made with oysters and soy sauce, used especially in Chinese cookery.More example sentences
- Use a bottle of your favourite stir-fry sauce from the supermarket, or make your own; I like to use a mixture of dry sherry, garlic, minced ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and a tablespoon or so of peanut oil.
- Add the udon noodles, soy sauce and oyster sauce and cook until heated through.
- Marinate sliced tofu in a mixture of chile-garlic sauce, vegetable oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and ginger for at least one hour and up to one day.
More definitions of oyster sauceDefinition of oyster sauce in:
- The US English dictionary