Australian /NZ • informal
- Australian: Oz hospitalityMore example sentences
- Do you have to be an Oz citizen to buy property?
- She has an Oz passport, but if you spoke to her you'd think she came from Yorkshire, where she grew up.
nounBack to top
- 1Australia: he spent the last few years in OzMore example sentences
- Like all the interviews in Oz (I think the radio is very good out here) we had a lot of fun.
- Oh wow, out of my way, Rachael, I'm heading to Oz right this very second.
- On the other hand, friends who went to live in Oz would tell me I should never visit.
- 1.1A person from Australia: it was enough to make a red-blooded Oz choke on his meat pieMore example sentences
- Unlike most places in the world, learn to sail packages from sailing schools are available in Oz all year round!
- I just had an email from my cousin suggesting the rules for buying property in Oz might have changed.
- Being an Oz at least means you are speaking from experience.
1940s: representing a pronunciation of an abbreviation of Australia.
More definitions of OzDefinition of Oz in:
- The US English dictionary