- A layer in the earth’s stratosphere at an altitude of about 10 km (6.2 miles) containing a high concentration of ozone, which absorbs most of the ultraviolet radiation reaching the earth from the sun.More example sentences
- In the absence of the ozone layer harmful ultraviolet radiation is able to reach the surface of the Earth in higher doses.
- The ozone layer is extremely important as it strongly absorbs the ultraviolet radiation from the Sun.
- It is possible that the increase in carbon dioxide will saturate the earth's oceans, causing damage to the ozone layer.
More definitions of ozone layerDefinition of ozone layer in:
- The US English dictionary