- Used after a surname to distinguish a father from a son of the same name: Alexandre Dumas père Compare with fils2.More example sentences
- Jones père kept moving around Los Angeles, hoping that a new house would bring him luck.
- Gates père hits the book circuit soon to promote his upcoming treatise on preserving the estate tax.
- Holloran père attempts to fight them off downstairs, while the missus and Holloran fils take refuge on higher ground.
French, literally 'father'.
More definitions of pèreDefinition of père in:
- The US English dictionary