- A boundary between p-type and n-type material in a semiconductor device, functioning as a rectifier.More example sentences
- After the wells are ‘dug’ with an etching technique, their insides are coated with a material to form a p-n junction just a tenth of a micron thick, which is the best thickness to induce a current.
- The carriers are arranged adjacently in such a way that the line-shaped emission regions of the diode lasers are adjacent in series and the p-n junction planes extend parallel to the thermal contact surfaces.
- When an electric current flows across the p-n junction, electrons and holes recombine, emitting photons.
More definitions of p–n junctionDefinition of p–n junction in:
- The US English dictionary