Definition of pacer in English:
- Thus if you start playing tennis or jogging, the pacer will sense the motion and up your heart rate, as it will when you get up close with a pretty girl.
- Anyhow, it will be your doctor who decides what kind of pacer you need.
- Ventricular burst stimulation may be delivered through a permanent pacer to terminate organized ventricular tachycardia (although this may prompt ventricular fibrillation so an external defibrillator must be at the ready).
2chiefly US A horse bred or trained to pace, used in some types of racing.
- Pacing is faster than trotting, which is why pacers and trotters run separately in harness racing
- Now this weekend, the Inter Dominion harness racing championship winds up with the pacer's Grand Final, this year worth a record prize money of a million dollars.
- ‘It is a little less competitive with the trotters compared to pacers,’ she said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia