- 1A pacemaker.More example sentences
- Thus if you start playing tennis or jogging, the pacer will sense the motion and up your heart rate, as it will when you get up close with a pretty girl.
- Anyhow, it will be your doctor who decides what kind of pacer you need.
- Ventricular burst stimulation may be delivered through a permanent pacer to terminate organized ventricular tachycardia (although this may prompt ventricular fibrillation so an external defibrillator must be at the ready).
- 2chiefly US A horse bred or trained to pace, used in some types of racing.More example sentences
- Pacing is faster than trotting, which is why pacers and trotters run separately in harness racing
- Now this weekend, the Inter Dominion harness racing championship winds up with the pacer's Grand Final, this year worth a record prize money of a million dollars.
- ‘It is a little less competitive with the trotters compared to pacers,’ she said.
More definitions of pacerDefinition of pacer in:
- The US English dictionary