- A bipedal herbivorous dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period, with a thick domed skull.
More example sentences
- Infraorder Pachycephalosauria, order Ornithischia: several genera, including Pachycephalosaurus
- An alternate view, that ceratopsians and pachycephalosaurs diverged from ornithopod dinosaurs in the Late Jurassic, is more consistent with the preserved biostratigraphic evidence.
- The domed skulls of pachycephalosaurs may likewise have been vibrantly colored to indicate sexual maturity, attract a mate, or warn an adversary.
- Marginocephalia consists mainly of the pachycephalosaurs (bone-heads) and the ceratopsians (horned dinosaurs), like Triceratops.
from Greek pakhus 'thick' + kephalē 'head' + sauros 'lizard'.
More definitions of pachycephalosaurDefinition of pachycephalosaur in:
- The US English dictionary