An evergreen creeping shrubby plant of the box family.
- Genus Pachysandra, family Buxaceae: several species, in particular the Japanese P. terminalis
More example sentences
- Serious ground covers like Vinca, pachysandra or ivy are too aggressive to make good companions.
- We must do something about the potato vine tangled in the pachysandra.
- At the base of a tree, for example, you might have better luck with wood chips or shade-loving ornamental plants like ivy, periwinkle, or pachysandra.
formed irregularly from Greek pakhus 'thick' + anēr, andr- 'male' (with reference to the thick stamens).
Definition of pachysandra in:
- The US English dictionary