Definition of pack animal in English:
1An animal used to carry loads.
- They traveled on the jungle trails until they had to abandon the pack animals and continue on foot, carrying their supplies on their backs.
- Prior to the arrival of the railroad, all freighting was done by wagon or pack animal.
- He pushed open the gate of the donkey's stall, and led the pack animal into the main row of the stables.
2An animal that lives and hunts in a pack.
- Dogs are pack animals and den animals, and very much creatures of habit.
- All pack animals have a lead animal, in the case of dogs it is the alpha dog.
- Oliver is a dog and dogs - being pack animals - are capable of forming relationships with humans premised upon a reciprocity of affection.
Definition of pack animal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan