Definition of pack animal in English:
1An animal used to carry loads.
- They traveled on the jungle trails until they had to abandon the pack animals and continue on foot, carrying their supplies on their backs.
- Prior to the arrival of the railroad, all freighting was done by wagon or pack animal.
- He pushed open the gate of the donkey's stall, and led the pack animal into the main row of the stables.
2An animal that lives and hunts in a pack.
- Dogs are pack animals and den animals, and very much creatures of habit.
- All pack animals have a lead animal, in the case of dogs it is the alpha dog.
- Oliver is a dog and dogs - being pack animals - are capable of forming relationships with humans premised upon a reciprocity of affection.
Definition of pack animal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.