Definition of pack rat in English:
1 another term for woodrat.
- And my friend Julio Betancourt who was near an Anasazi ruin and happened to see a pack rat midden whose dating he knew nothing about.
- A) There are some 40 known rattler-proof North American mammals, including species of pack rats, ground squirrels, pocket mice, and other snakebite-size critters.
- Mice in near biblical plague numbers crowd my abode, also pack rats and kangaroo rats.
2North American derogatory A person who hoards things.
- Though he admits that he's a pack rat, Caouette points out 160 hours of material isn't so much when collected over a span of 20 years.
- ‘Great, I'm moving in with a pack rat,’ she groaned jokingly.
- Mercy turned around to go to her room and laughed saying, ‘I am going to become a pack rat if I am not careful.’
Definition of pack rat in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan