- A horse used to carry loads: the ore had to be transported by packhorse [as modifier]: an old packhorse bridgeMore example sentences
- Everything had to be carried there by packhorses - even chaff to feed the horses.
- The knights all sat impatiently on their mounts, while several grooms loaded some packhorses with a month's worth of supplies, food, blankets, and clothing.
- It was clear that the packhorses ' loads were getting lighter, and to the travellers, it indicated that they were nearing the end of the journey.
More definitions of packhorseDefinition of packhorse in:
- The US English dictionary