- A room in a psychiatric hospital with padding on the walls to prevent violent patients from injuring themselves.More example sentences
- He has directed the Prison Service to replace padded cells with new safety cells.
- Makeshift accommodation has been created on occasion in the prison sick bay and in padded cells designed for prisoners liable to self-harm.
- He said the Prison Service had no other option but to place prisoners with a serious mental illness in padded cells.
More definitions of padded cellDefinition of padded cell in:
- The US English dictionary