Definition of pagoda in English:
1(In India and East Asia) a Hindu or Buddhist temple, typically in the form of a many-tiered tower.
- Buddhist temples incorporate pagodas, a design which came from India around the first century C.E. (the time when the religion made its way to China).
- Hirayama's paintings are based on religious themes; most of these are representations of mosques, pagodas, Buddhist temples and Bodhisattvas.
- Outstanding examples of Korean architecture can be seen in historic palaces and Buddhist temples and pagodas.
1.1An ornamental imitation of a Hindu or Buddhist pagoda.
- The site featured an orangery (precursor to the modern greenhouse), a pagoda, and an archway designed by the architect Sir William Chambers.
- They display books on pavements, near schools, and bus stations, even pagodas, cafe bars and restaurants.
- The design of a redwood shade shelter can vary from a lattice trellis to a post, beam and rafter construction or the more elaborate angles of a pagoda or gazebo-style shelter.
Words that rhyme with pagodaClodagh, coda, coder, exploder, loader, Oder, odour (US odor), Rhoda, Sargodha, Schroder, soda, vocoder
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.