- A SE Asian tree of the pea family, which has hanging clusters of cream flowers and is cultivated as an ornamental.
More example sentences
- Sophora japonica, family Leguminosae
- The pagoda tree has bordered pits that are always distinctly vestured.
- Especially noteworthy is a rare century-old Japanese pagoda tree Sophora Japonica, with twisted and gnarled trunks and limbs.
- The Japanese Pagoda Tree is a good tree for midsummer flowers displaying its clusters of creamy-white pea-like flowers during the heat of summer when few other trees are in bloom.
More definitions of pagoda treeDefinition of pagoda tree in:
- The US English dictionary