- A bucket.More example sentences
- Be sure to eliminate mosquito-breeding areas around your home by removing standing water from gutters, old tires, wading pools, tarps, potted plants, and other outside buckets and pails.
- All around the environment Smith created sculptures of human figures - literal ones constructed of poles, buckets and pails, and paint can lids.
- Other clever ideas for containers are small bright pails lined with colorful cellophane, paper bags decorated with paper doilies and large jars which may be painted and trimmed with ribbon.
- More example sentences
- Each pailful, each drop, was another show, another plot twist, another build-up to the climax.
- Buying coal by the pailful in the great east side tenement district has always been the custom, and probably always will be.
- A pailful, containing four gallons, may be purified by a single teaspoonful of the alum.
Middle English: origin uncertain; compare with Old English pægel 'gill, small measure' and Old French paelle 'pan, liquid measure, brazier'.
More definitions of pailDefinition of pail in:
- The US English dictionary