Done with or employing great care and thoroughness: painstaking attention to detail he is a gentle, painstaking man
More example sentences
- The secret of good tiling is painstaking preparation and accurate cutting and fixing.
- He warned that the investigation could prove to be a long haul as it would be thorough and painstaking.
- Instead art students using all sorts of craft normally do it with painstaking care.
careful, meticulous, thorough, assiduous, sedulous, attentive, diligent, industrious, laborious, hard-working, conscientious, ultra-careful, punctilious, scrupulous, demanding, exacting, searching, close, elaborate, minute, accurate, correct, studious, rigorous, particular;
- Example sentences
- His methodical painstakingness was another point of divergence from the Impressionists and he devoted many studies to creating the composition.
- The script's rendering into Latin, Hebrew, and Aramaic is of a heroic painstakingness not seen since the mid '60s heyday of Esperanto cinema.
- Courage, patience and painstakingness are necessary for good science: he engaged in the arduous task of developing an anatomy register by determining anatomic nomenclature and forming the language of anatomy.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pains|tak¦ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.