Definition of painstaking in English:
Done with or employing great care and thoroughness: painstaking attention to detail he is a gentle, painstaking man
More example sentences
- The secret of good tiling is painstaking preparation and accurate cutting and fixing.
- He warned that the investigation could prove to be a long haul as it would be thorough and painstaking.
- Instead art students using all sorts of craft normally do it with painstaking care.
careful, meticulous, thorough, assiduous, sedulous, attentive, diligent, industrious, laborious, hard-working, conscientious, ultra-careful, punctilious, scrupulous, demanding, exacting, searching, close, elaborate, minute, accurate, correct, studious, rigorous, particular;
- Example sentences
- His methodical painstakingness was another point of divergence from the Impressionists and he devoted many studies to creating the composition.
- The script's rendering into Latin, Hebrew, and Aramaic is of a heroic painstakingness not seen since the mid '60s heyday of Esperanto cinema.
- Courage, patience and painstakingness are necessary for good science: he engaged in the arduous task of developing an anatomy register by determining anatomic nomenclature and forming the language of anatomy.
Words that rhyme with painstakingbreathtaking
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.