1A small area on a painted surface where the paint has been chipped away.
- Pilots, aircrew, and flight-deck personnel know the damage a paint chip or pebble can cause.
- A bit of space debris as small as a paint chip can do severe damage if it collides with a satellite because the relative velocity between the two objects can be as high as 25,000 kilometers per hour.
- A fingerprint here, a paint chip there, and the team puts the pieces together to recreate what happened and solve the case.
2North American A card showing a colour or a range of related colours available in a type of paint.
- Who gets paid to sit in a room and look at a paint chip and decide that 174 of the Benjamin Moore card is going to be sunflower fields, or 315 is going to be oxford gold?
- A computer analysis is done that determines the final color of the paint, factors in the base colors used to produce it and then determines the original formula needed to reproduce the paint chip.
- After all, a two inch paint chip looks very different from a 3,000 square foot house!
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: paint chip
Definition of paint chip in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.