Definition of paintball in English:
1A game in which participants simulate military combat using airguns to shoot capsules of paint at each other: [as modifier]: a paintball gun
More example sentences
- We engage in mock battles simulated with paintball guns.
- The test will be a battle simulation, using paintball guns, against a platoon of marines.
- The new group took part in paintball war games, held at a remote bush property two hours drive south of Perth.
1.1 [count noun] A capsule of paint used in paintball.
- From the corner of my eye, I saw that they were paintballs, not real bullets.
- Keep in mind that these paintballs travel at about 200 miles per hour and usually draw blood when they hit their target.
- It's quite a physical game as you run and dive to dodge paintballs, crawl through bushes and climb into forts.
- Example sentences
- Mr Fell was outraged that paintballers were still coming along to play their games in woods adjacent to his farmland - which he said risked spreading the disease.
- Mr Fell believes paintballers might carry the infection into the district.
- With very little spare time, Kai is an avid paintballer.
- Example sentences
- While the Queen's Division Normandy Band entertained and recruiting teams from regiments across the region answered questions, there was the chance to enjoy various activities from climbing to paintballing.
- If you're not forking out for a hired magician or clown, you could find yourself paying for a party for 20 at your local McDonalds - or even a session of paintballing or laser shooting.
- East Ayrshire Council has banned paintballing and South Lanarkshire has vetoed several outdoor pursuits, including paragliding and sand yachting.
Words that rhyme with paintballspeedball • heelball
Definition of paintball in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.