- 1The action or skill of using paint, either in a picture or as decoration: pastels require a different approach to paintingMore example sentences
- After studying painting and graphic design locally, he went to the United States to further his art education.
- For example, in art we are familiar with the genres of painting, drawing, sculpture and engraving.
- The art of painting, many artists believed, ought to have grander aspirations.
- 1.1 [count noun] A painted picture: an oil paintingMore example sentences
- He gave many of his sketches and paintings as gifts to doctors, nurses and hospital staff.
- The museum is a collection of paintings, posters and artwork all in the name of peace.
- He will see four of his paintings hanging on the walls, including one, pictured, of a cat.