noun[mass noun] chiefly British
- Painted surfaces in a building or on a vehicle: the paintwork on the window frames was blistered and peelingMore example sentences
- The world's oceans have taken their toll on the black paintwork of the mighty hull, but even the most dubious traveller can be in no doubt that this was a vessel unlike any other.
- He shrank from the bravura and slashing impasto of his master Rembrandt, and imposed a glassy surface on his paintwork.
- Yet, for all its faded paintwork, it is nonetheless the sort of place that reeks of the old country, of back streets in the Italy of my youthful summers.
More definitions of paintworkDefinition of paintwork in:
- The US English dictionary