- (In Indian cookery) a piece of vegetable or meat, coated in seasoned batter and deep-fried.More example sentences
- Vegetable koftas from white gram, dahi vadas, pakoras of spinach, fenugreek and onions have all been made possible by them without the use of any cooking medium.
- We learn now that trans-fats (vegetable-based oils heated to bubbling point) are deadly; so much for those pakoras and tempura vegetables.
- The starters we ordered, vegetable pakora and meat samosas, were excellent.
from Hindi pakoṛā, denoting a dish of vegetables in gram flour.
More definitions of pakoraDefinition of pakora in:
- The US English dictionary