Definition of palace in English:
1A large and impressive building forming the official residence of a ruler, pope, archbishop, etc. the royal palace
More example sentences
- Officials charged with running the various royal palaces and residences have nothing to match this.
- They are big by our standards today, but in Medieval England they were bigger than all buildings including royal palaces.
- He was unlikely to be anywhere near his official palaces, which have been hit repeatedly in almost three weeks of air strikes.
1.1 informal A large, splendid house or place of entertainment.
- But above all, what is this about old huts and hill houses and tree palaces and new huts?
- The palace did bring entertainment to south east London but not generally for the masses.
- Meanwhile, BAC transforms itself into a holiday resort, complete with beaches, museums and palaces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan