Definition of paladin in English:
1Any of the twelve peers of Charlemagne’s court, of whom the Count Palatine was the chief.
- In Charlemagne's court, there are twelve legendary paladins who serve their king.
- He knew those legends well, as well as he knew the legends of Roland and the twelve paladins, and he would be intrigued by the retelling.
- Tales of the paladins of Charlemagne once rivalled the stories of King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table in popularity.
1.1A knight renowned for heroism and chivalry.
- He would tell them epic tales of noble knights, paladins, warriors, and samurai.
- He was also standing among a war party of almost thirty knights, paladins, and mages.
- Since he could not be everywhere, especially in the continuous crisis of wartime, Hitler had to encourage self-reliance and independence, both in his paladins and in the regional chieftains, the Gauleiter.
Words that rhyme with paladinSaladin
Definition of paladin in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.