Definition of paladin in English:
1Any of the twelve peers of Charlemagne’s court, of whom the Count Palatine was the chief.
- In Charlemagne's court, there are twelve legendary paladins who serve their king.
- He knew those legends well, as well as he knew the legends of Roland and the twelve paladins, and he would be intrigued by the retelling.
- Tales of the paladins of Charlemagne once rivalled the stories of King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table in popularity.
1.1A knight renowned for heroism and chivalry.
- He would tell them epic tales of noble knights, paladins, warriors, and samurai.
- He was also standing among a war party of almost thirty knights, paladins, and mages.
- Since he could not be everywhere, especially in the continuous crisis of wartime, Hitler had to encourage self-reliance and independence, both in his paladins and in the regional chieftains, the Gauleiter.
Words that rhyme with paladinSaladin
Definition of paladin in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan