- A current which existed at some time in the geological past, as inferred from the features of sedimentary rocks.More example sentences
- Imbricated clasts indicate eastward palaeocurrents away from the metamorphic complex.
- The variability of palaeocurrents, however, suggests that the fault zone was not a major topographic feature and may have been below sea-level.
- The latter is more consistent with the southeasterly palaeocurrents of the Castlegate Sandstone.
More definitions of palaeocurrentDefinition of palaeocurrent in:
- The US English dictionary