Definition of palaeoenvironment in English:
An environment at a period in the geological past.
- The Sirius Group is a complex sedimentary deposit of different geological age and palaeoenvironments in different parts of Antarctica.
- Two researchers studied the stratigraphy and paleoenvironments represented by the Silurian rocks of the Girvan district.
- By Early Permian time certain lagenides were adapted to cool water paleoenvironments, as evidenced by their occurrences in high paleolalitudes and even in glaciomarine basins.
- Example sentences
- These factors combine to make lacustrine sediments amenable to very high-resolution paleoenvironmental and paleoecological reconstruction.
- However, there are paleoenvironmental and taphonomic differences between the two.
- TRACE FOSSILS are important for revealing the diversity and paleoenvironmental distribution of arthropods in the fossil record.
Pronunciation: /ˌpalɪəʊɪnˌvʌɪrənˈmɛnt(ə)l/ /ˌpeɪlɪəʊɪnˌvʌɪrənˈmɛnt(ə)l/adjective
Definition of palaeoenvironment in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.