An environment at a period in the geological past.
More example sentences
- The Sirius Group is a complex sedimentary deposit of different geological age and palaeoenvironments in different parts of Antarctica.
- Two researchers studied the stratigraphy and paleoenvironments represented by the Silurian rocks of the Girvan district.
- By Early Permian time certain lagenides were adapted to cool water paleoenvironments, as evidenced by their occurrences in high paleolalitudes and even in glaciomarine basins.
- More example sentences
- These factors combine to make lacustrine sediments amenable to very high-resolution paleoenvironmental and paleoecological reconstruction.
- However, there are paleoenvironmental and taphonomic differences between the two.
- TRACE FOSSILS are important for revealing the diversity and paleoenvironmental distribution of arthropods in the fossil record.
Definition of palaeoenvironment in:
- The US English dictionary