- A stratum or soil horizon which was formed as a soil in a past geological age.More example sentences
- Uniformitarians believe that paleosols (ancient soil horizons) are common throughout the stratigraphic record.
- These are not features of modern soil formation because these palaeosols were on steep slopes and excavated to improve exposure.
- It may be argued that this approach is compromised by climatic differences noted here between palaeosols and surface soils.
More definitions of palaeosolDefinition of palaeosol in:
- The US English dictionary