- A person helping to carry or officially escorting a coffin at a funeral.More example sentences
- Four pall-bearers carried his coffin, which was decorated with wreaths of red and yellow roses, into the church.
- Twelve pall-bearers carried the Pope's coffin from inside the basilica and laid it down in the open followed by a procession of cardinals.
- The party followed six pall-bearers into church who carried Mr Jackson's coffin, which was adorned with a large spray of white trumpet lilies.
More definitions of pall-bearerDefinition of pall-bearer in:
- The US English dictionary