noun[mass noun] • informal
- Bribery used to secure illicit advantages or gains in politics or business: after considerable palm-greasing, the plan for a commercial building was approvedMore example sentences
- Arbitrators can be influenced, whether by a charismatic negotiator or by palm greasing.
- The group isn't above a bit of palm greasing.
- Turns out there may have been some palm greasing involved by the contractor who was awarded the bid to replace the park with high-priced condos.
More definitions of palm-greasingDefinition of palm-greasing in:
- The US English dictionary