Definition of palmarosa in English:
1A fragrant tropical Indian grass related to citronella and lemongrass.
- Cymbopogon martinii, family Gramineae
- Many herbs, including palmarosa, are used in natural remedies harnessing the power of herbal material.
- The total oil yield of palmarosa increased by 22.6%.
1.1 (also palmarosa oil) The essential oil obtained from palmarosa, used in perfumery and aromatherapy.
- The essential oils of palmarosa, jasmine, sandalwood, and orange blossom hydrate the face to help hold in natural moisture.
- Bring moisture to dry skin-using essential oils of palmarosa, rosewood or sandalwood.
- Add five drops of an essential oil that benefits the complexion, such as lavender, geranium, or palmarosa.
Late 19th century: from Italian, literally 'rose palm'.
Definition of palmarosa in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.