- A writer of pamphlets, especially ones of a political and controversial nature.More example sentences
- And fueling that divide were hundreds of newspaper writers and pamphleteers.
- Cantillon is widely interpreted as being a member of the mercantilists, an unorganized, difficult to define group of writers and pamphleteers who dominated public debate before the time of David Hume and the Physiocrats.
- By the early 1780s, complaints had begun to mount; the Committee picked up where the pamphleteers and angry newspaper correspondents left off.
verb[no object] (usually as noun pamphleteering) Back to top
- Write and issue political pamphlets: there was relatively little controversial pamphleteering at this timeMore example sentences
- In other words, after three decades of debate and argument, demonstrations and denunciations, politicking and pamphleteering, nothing has changed.
- Since his days in traffic court, Kyburz has continued pamphleteering against the establishment.
- As more people become politically active, the greater the extent of partisan pamphleteering as opposed to more moderate discourse.
More definitions of pamphleteerDefinition of pamphleteer in:
- The US English dictionary